Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aleksivic

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 23, 2006
New York, NY
Since Apple didn't want to ship the accessories on Saturday.... what are the chances of getting one at one of the Apple stores since I cannot wait till mid-next week to get one!

I was hoping to try out using the iPad dock as the mini '3rd monitor' for twitter feeds this weekend :)

Any case, I'll have that spare dock for work if I must venture into the very crowded Meatpacking District Apple store tomorrow (around the block from me actually).

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
I might try to grab a case tomorrow since the one I ordered online isn't going to ship until the 15th. I'm sure they will have some, the question is how many and will we have to wait in a huge line for it.

sonofpismo

macrumors regular
May 20, 2002
Orlando, Florida
When I got my iPhone 3G at a local AT&T, I went to my Apple Store to get a case. I kindly asked the gentleman working the line (as they were already letting people in the store), if I could run in and grab an accessory. He said as long as I don't try to buy an iPhone, I'd be fine.

Since in the morning they will only sell iPads to those with appointments, the same should work. However, I have heard cases in particular are in short supply.

Couldn't hurt to try.

I was thinking of hitting up my Best Buy for a case, but with my luck I would miss delivery of my iPad! I could pre-sogn for the shipment, but I just found out my case would be delivered on Tuesday. (Although I was hoping to put in the case immediately.)

foxnews1

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2010
why bother with apple long line? Bestbuy has no ad on ipad and have plenty. I will get my case at BB tomorrow. my ordered case won't ship until April 20

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
why bother with apple long line? Bestbuy has no ad on ipad and have plenty. I will get my case at BB tomorrow. my ordered case won't ship until April 20

Do we actually know that BB will have any Apple brand iPad cases?

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
some leaked BB inventory showed they have it. I called two local BB and they said they will have cases.

Ah you are right, for some reason I only remember hearing about them having Targus and Incase cases. Fortunately BB and the Apple Store are in the same mall for me (15 min away), so once my iPad arrives I will head out there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.