Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rufio

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
hey all

living in canada and going to asia for 3 months

what is the best way i should store my iphone? fully charged? completely drained? plugged in?

ideally ill have the sim card out cuz i wont be here to accept calls.

anyone have any suggestions?

much appreciated!

onlycopunk

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2008
Newtown
Unlock phone, buy asian sim card, enjoy iphone on vacation.

If you don't want to do that, just turn it off so the battery wont be used at all.

The iphone battery has no special needs. It's just like a battery in a digital camera or an ipod a laptop or another cell phone. And I would have a hard time believing that you would take special care of any other batteries in any other electronics.

senorFunkyPants

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2008
England
Li-ion batteries slowly lose charge over time even when switched off until its completely without charge, this is not at all desirable as Li-ion batteries that become deep discharged sometimes lose the ability to take a recharge (which is why electrical items that use Li-ion batteries are always fully charged ex factory to account for lengthy shop storage before sale).
I would suggest the iphone is fully charged and switched off before storing it somewhere where it won't get hot. Having someone charge it once a month wouldn't hurt but is not necessary for a 3 month storage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.