Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimkingwood

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Anyone else experience Goldman Sachs being late to credit payments to their account? I made my first payment to pay off the balance of my Apple card on June 28 but, surprisingly, my Apple Card was getting rejected on the 2nd of July. I paid direct from my checking account, and for my other card payments - American Express, Discover - they are credited usually within 8 working hours.

Goldman Sachs told me on the 5th that they had received the payment but that my account would not be credited with the payment- which I had made directly from my checking account- until July 7th (!?!). Thats's a 10-day hold on a cash payment!!

Definitely something fishy going on with Goldman Sachs, folks. I asked them why they are sitting on the float for a full 11 days but they had no answer.

I told them that this was preposterous service and canceled my card. In my opinion, the Apple card as serviced by GS is not usable. Not for a high volume user such as myself. I don't need legitimate transactions denied by a credit card service.

Normally, when banks sit on floats for extended periods of time, it is indicative of liquidity problems with the bank. Wassup in your house, G-Sachs??

Last edited:

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
I agree something sounds really off with GS there. You paid on Monday 6/28 and they're not crediting it until Wednesday 7/7. Yeah, that's pretty bad. Did it have anything to do with the holiday weekend? On what date were the funds withdrawn from your checking?

Last edited:
Reactions: jimkingwood

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
My payments usually post in 2 - 3 days, although the typical disclaimer is also posted that it can take up to 5 days etc. which I haven't experienced.

I don't agree with the practice either but, I think GS is doing it to make sure they get the funds from the bank and don't credit someone right away to find out that there is a problem with the account. Given the issuer is GS, this type of behavior is not surprising.

I thought about getting the fancy Apple Card when it was available but, I decided after reading more and more about forum member's experiences with Apple and GS with the card, that it wasn't for me. I don't need the headaches or to be treated in a manner as many have been treated with customer no service.

jimkingwood

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
I agree something sounds really off with GS there. You paid on Monday 6/28 and they're not crediting it until Wednesday 7/7. Yeah, that's pretty bad. Did it have anything to do with the holiday weekend? On what date were the funds withdrawn from your checking?
I verified online that the checking account deduction was made on the 28th. Chase Bank.

• Sad
Reactions: 0128672

jimkingwood

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
My payments usually post in 2 - 3 days, although the typical disclaimer is also posted that it can take up to 5 days etc. which I haven't experienced.

I don't agree with the practice either but, I think GS is doing it to make sure they get the funds from the bank and don't credit someone right away to find out that there is a problem with the account. Given the issuer is GS, this type of behavior is not surprising.

I thought about getting the fancy Apple Card when it was available but, I decided after reading more and more about forum member's experiences with Apple and GS with the card, that it wasn't for me. I don't need the headaches or to be treated in a manner as many have been treated with customer no service.

I made the payment on the 28th right in apple wallet on my iPhone- it let's you set up a checking account as payment method- and I verified the deduction from my Chase account was on the 28th. They told me today- the 5th- that the credit to the card will be made on the 7th. I told the call taker- who sounded like a competent, seasoned professional business guy- that process is too slow and a showstopper and closed the account. They had given me a really low credit ceiling for my credit history and income level anyway. The card was just not useful for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.