Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexf

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 2, 2004
Planet Earth
I was wondering whether anyone else has experienced any with GoLive CS2 in Tiger.

I just upgraded from Panther a couple of weeks ago, and since then GoLive has been horribly slow - beachballing all the time on my dual G5.

On Panther it ran beautifully - much quicker than CS and hardly any crashes (another problem that seems to be more frequent with Tiger).

Thanks for any suggestions comments - this problem is so serious that if it persists, I may revert back to Panther.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
This probably won't help but have you tried repairing permissions? Perhaps reinstalling GoLive?

I had a problem with Flash MX 2004 which was sort of similar, expect it would freeze the whole computer when I scrolled the fonts. Turns out, according to some troubleshooting, that a particular font was causing this. So I just disabled the font in Font Book and it fixed the problem. And Flash now seems to start up faster since I went to Tiger. That's probably not to relevant to this, but I figure it couldn't hurt to put it.

alexf

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 2, 2004
Planet Earth
tech4all said:
This probably won't help but have you tried repairing permissions? Perhaps reinstalling GoLive?

I had a problem with Flash MX 2004 which was sort of similar, expect it would freeze the whole computer when I scrolled the fonts. Turns out, according to some troubleshooting, that a particular font was causing this. So I just disabled the font in Font Book and it fixed the problem. And Flash now seems to start up faster since I went to Tiger. That's probably not to relevant to this, but I figure it couldn't hurt to put it.

Thanks - yes, a reinstall is the most logical thing to do. I will try that now.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
I hope you get this fixed because eventually I want to go to CS2 myself. Does this just affect GoLive or the rest of the Suite to?

alexf

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 2, 2004
Planet Earth
tech4all said:
I hope you get this fixed because eventually I want to go to CS2 myself. Does this just affect GoLive or the rest of the Suite to?

Well, the only CS2 app I am using is GoLive. I have not had time yet to reinstall (the problem is only severe with specific files) but I should say that I highly recommend upgrading to GoLive CS2, especially if you are using the horrible and buggy CS. GoLive CS2 is an excellent application - much better than Dreamweaver in my opinion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.