Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oRBIT2002

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2011
Gothenburg/Sweden
I'm usually taking photos in 48megapixel pro-raw with my iPhone 14 Pro (awesome results!). However I rarely touch those DNG's but normally converts them to JPEG (Lightroom on iOS or Photoshop on my PC) and they still looks great.
However, I've tried a few camera apps that shots natively in 48megapixel JPEG but it's like iOS is doing something to those images during saving, they don't look as crisp as when I do DNG -> JPG conversion in for example Lightroom, there's a pretty big quality difference.
So my question is, anyone knows a good camera-app that can take photos in 48megapixels JPEG without these "limitations"?
Some apps I've tried are ProCamera, Halide, ProCam etc..
The camera on Lightroom in iOS still doesn't support 48megapixel for some strange reason..
Hints for good (and easy to use) camera apps are appreciated.

Camera M

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2018
USA
Feel free to take a look here:

More info on capturing HEIF/JPEG/TIFF/PNG in 48MP:

I am here for any questions.

Camera M

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2018
USA
Tried at.. why do I get some kind of combined “jpg+raw” file when I pick to shoot in “pro raw”?
You get ProRAW + HEIF by default for convenience. You can simply turn it off in Settings to get just a ProRAW file. (RAW with HEIF preview: Off)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.