Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

honglong1976

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
UK
Hi everyone,

it’s not very often I get a bargain, but I bought a Series 2 Stainless Steel Space Black, with space black link bracele. All boxed and in immaculate condition, with extra links. Looks very well looked after.

Cost me £90 delivered. Did I get a good deal?

thanks for looking

23DB7FDB-9D00-4AD4-AD70-B1C72831DBB7.jpeg

DMG35

Contributor
May 27, 2021
Yeah that's a nice deal for sure. The link bracelet alone is worth more than what you paid for the entire watch, assuming its OEM.

Reactions: honglong1976

honglong1976

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
UK
Not sure I could wear that strap with the damage it has, maybe for chores/gardening, etc.
Really? You would wear an expensive strap with a mark you can barely see for doing chores? You must either be:

1. incredibly wealthy or
2. take 1st world problems very seriously

:)

Reactions: ZebraDude

honglong1976

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
UK
Thanks. Seems like a good deal then. I do really like the strap, the link removal is simply genius and it's shocking no one ever thought of something similar before.

But then the high-end watch market is all about spending money on the upkeep of a watch (service, link removal, etc).

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Thanks. Seems like a good deal then. I do really like the strap, the link removal is simply genius and it's shocking no one ever thought of something similar before.

But then the high-end watch market is all about spending money on the upkeep of a watch (service, link removal, etc).
I can't get over how easy it is to swap bands on the Apple Watch. Swapping bands on my previous watches was an yearly ritual -- go to watch store, pick out new band, shopkeeper takes out the tiny screwdriver and carefully unscrews the old band and puts on the new band. With the Apple Watch, you can swap bands multiple times a day if you want.

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
Really? You would wear an expensive strap with a mark you can barely see for doing chores? You must either be:

1. incredibly wealthy or
2. take 1st world problems very seriously

:)
I like my devices in perfect condition and do indeed have a black link bracelet with a scratch on the clasp that is waiting in a drawer for when I find a replacement clasp.

My remark about using yours for chores was because you didn't pay very much for it.

I'm glad you are happy with it as that's all that matters really. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.