Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TsuaSai

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
TX
I have a friend that is selling his iBook G4 14", 1.33Ghz, 512RAM, 60GB HDD, WiFi/Bluetooth/Modem/Ethernet/Combo Drive. Warrenty is going to expire in 6 months. He is asking $900.

I have seen the laptop its in perfect condition, no dead pixels or anything. Few light scratchs on the bottom.

Would this be an ok deal?

Thanks

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
TsuaSai said:
I have a friend that is selling his iBook G4 14", 1.33Ghz, 512RAM, 60GB HDD, WiFi/Bluetooth/Modem/Ethernet/Combo Drive. Warrenty is going to expire in 6 months. He is asking $900.

I have seen the laptop its in perfect condition, no dead pixels or anything. Few light scratchs on the bottom.

Thanks
Yeah, that's a good deal. It's $1,049 for it on Apple's Refurb site.

TsuaSai

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
TX
Thanks. I was thinking it was a atleast an ok deal. I know the new ones will be out soon with the Intel chip. But this one will cove my needs and more, and I wont go into debt buying a Apple ;)

Avarus

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2006
TsuaSai said:

Thanks

If it's still within it's 1-year warranty, I would suggest purchasing the apple care protection plan. It would give you an extra two years of coverage on the 6 months, plus it would come with phone tech support.

TsuaSai

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
TX
Avarus said:
If it's still within it's 1-year warranty, I would suggest purchasing the apple care protection plan. It would give you an extra two years of coverage on the 6 months, plus it would come with phone tech support.

Yes I plan on buying the protection plan.

As far as the MB Pro goes I like it. However I just don't want to spend that much. When this will do everything I need for half the price. But it is very cool, maybe I will hit the lotto.

TsuaSai

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
TX
Well I bought. My friend lives in another state so I should have it on Tuesday. I use a Mini at work and my husband has a powerbook g4. So am not a super noob. But I am looking forward to only having linux and unix machines in my house. I already feel safter :)

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
TsuaSai said:
Well I bought. My friend lives in another state so I should have it on Tuesday. I use a Mini at work and my husband has a powerbook g4. So am not a super noob. But I am looking forward to only having linux and unix machines in my house. I already feel safter :)
It's a great machine with decent mobile power and looks. I'm still the cutting edge, not bleeding edge :D , tech guy. I'm holding out for whatever Intel iBook comes out.

If I was stuck with a G4 I'd go with that iBook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.