Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
I have recently purchased a new macbook, and i want some demos to see what this baby can do?

I previously had a powerbok g4 so i would possibly like to see something that makes my money seem well spent!

Thanks

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
got to the mac website... there is a list compiled by them...

"requirements"
http://www.apple.com/games/hardware/

List of downloads
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/games/

Also use the search feature on this forum, there is enough coverage on this topic that you could fill ur macbook full of games :)

Sorry maybe you misunderstood me, I wanted a game that would put my computer to the test, possibly something that wouldnt have run on my Powerbook, the maority of the games there are fairly basic and require fairly minimal system requirements!

Thanks THough

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Sorry maybe you misunderstood me, I wanted a game that would put my computer to the test, possibly something that wouldnt have run on my Powerbook, the maority of the games there are fairly basic and require fairly minimal system requirements!

Thanks THough

What Genera?

Do we want to use Boot Camp or stick with Mac Os X?

I mean you could try something like Command & Conquer: Generals Demo or... I dunno there are so many options.

Xeem

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2005
Minnesota
Did you get a Macbook, or a Macbook Pro? If you didn't get a Pro, then I'm afraid you aren't going to be able to run anything newer than most Powerbook G4s could anyway, as the integrated graphics chip in the Macbook is far inferior to the graphics cards Apple used in the Powerbooks after late 2003 or so. If you did get a Macbook Pro, then the first game that comes to mind would be Oblivion, which can get ridiculously pretty when the graphics get turned up.

Unfortunately, Boot Camp is an absolute necessity for gaming, so you'll need to install a Windows partition if you haven't already.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
Did you get a Macbook, or a Macbook Pro? If you didn't get a Pro, then I'm afraid you aren't going to be able to run anything newer than most Powerbook G4s could anyway, as the integrated graphics chip in the Macbook is far inferior to the graphics cards Apple used in the Powerbooks after late 2003 or so. If you did get a Macbook Pro, then the first game that comes to mind would be Oblivion, which can get ridiculously pretty when the graphics get turned up.

Unfortunately, Boot Camp is an absolute necessity for gaming, so you'll need to install a Windows partition if you haven't already.

far inferior? i disagree

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006

Dagnamit!

Its my mums macbook but its practically mine! How annoying! Well at the moment it seems to rosetta Ghost Recon faster than my powerbook but it isnt exactly the best test!

Hopefully for myself I will be getting a new laptop around janurary and will be sure to consult the wealth of information avaliable here at the Macrumors Forum for help!

Thanks for the tip! Ive decided to be ambitious and im going to source an oblivion demo and see how this baby can handle it!

ha

Thanks

EDIT: Double Dagnamit! I dont even have windows or boot camp so this whole games thing seems to be going nowhere! Oh well ill see what I can come up with!

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
you seemed to have ignored my entire post about asking what genera you want a demo for...

You could try a demo of a very recent game like 'STAR WARS: EMPIRE AT WAR' ... on low settings, but it's much improved over your powerbook.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
you seemed to have ignored my entire post about asking what genera you want a demo for...

The edit posted seconds after my first post:

EDIT: Double Dagnamit! I dont even have windows or boot camp so this whole games thing seems to be going nowhere! Oh well ill see what I can come up with!

But thanks for the Star Wars suggestion!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.