Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kittur

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2020
I posted on here last week as my IPhone pro Max was stolen (and uninsured 😩).

I've been looking for a replacement, I need to be able to make content for TikTok, Instagram, Youtube etc but can't afford the IPhone 15.

I could buy the Iphone 12 or 13 Pro Max reconditioned

but I have seen people say the IPhone 14 is as good as previous pro maxs and for content on most platforms, no one would notice the difference between video created on an 14 or pro max

Do I need to find the money for an IPhone 14 Pro or Pro Max, or would the IPhone 14 be good enough?

Advice gratefully received!!

dz5b609

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2019
I need to be able to make content for TikTok, Instagram, Youtube etc but can't afford the IPhone 15.
I'm sorry but this means that you don't need it to make content. If you really needed it you could afford it, if you can't afford it then you don't need it but want it since at that point making content is a hobby not a job.

But to answer your question with the post-processing all the social media's do the difference between anything newer than an iPhone X would be hard to differentiate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Apple_Robert

geta

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2010
The Moon
For your needs, you must have the latest IP 15 Pro Max! Anything bellow that is cutting corners.

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2017
The 13 Pro Max would be a good choice for content creation. If you’re gonna move about then having the Action Mode could be handy, so you can look into the 14 too. But if you’re looking at the 14 then I suggest you could fork out a little more money for the 15.

Reactions: kittur

Fat_Guy

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2021
Make your videos with whatever you can afford. It’s the content and not so much the device that will make or break you as a videographer.

Uninteresting videos shot on ProRes are still uninteresting…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.