Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NKA_krokodil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2021
I'm looking for a wheeled trolley similiar to this so I can move my Mac Pro around easily. I've found others on Amazon & eBay, but my Mac Pro is that little bit too big for all of them, usually by 5 cm. The other thing is that the finished build is probably going to be closer to 25 kg, more than the 19.2 kg Every Mac says my model weighs in its default configuration.

My study has wooden floorboards & I rent, so the wheels need to be non-scratching, which means no plastic wheels. It also needs brakes so it doesn't shift when I'm using it or moving around my study. I'd rather not ship from the USA because I live in Australia, & US shipping is usually quite expensive for me.

I could potentially use just some wood & attach wheels with brakes to it to create one myself, but I live in an apartment building, & don't have space for that kind of DIY.

AlexMaximus

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2006
A400M Base
Back in the day, there was this super fancy solution from a company in Japan. I have been looking for it ever since, never could find it, it stems from the G5 Days. Should you find one on your search, let me know. I will order one as well. It was called: "Power Support for PowerMac G5 moving Stand RS – 51"
Hopefully you are more lucky then I am. If someone is selling a used one, I'll buy it, -any price!

Attachments

• Power Support for PowerMac G5 Phone move Stand RS – 51 _AC_.jpg
    Power Support for PowerMac G5 Phone move Stand RS – 51 _AC_.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: KeesMacPro

NKA_krokodil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2021
Back in the day, there was this super fancy solution from a company in Japan. I have been looking for it ever since, never could find it, it stems from the G5 Days. Should you find one on your search, let me know. I will order one as well.
Oh wow, that looks like it'd be perfect. I doubt I'll find one, though, since PowerMac G5s are nearly 20 years old...

Nguyen Duc Hieu

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2020
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
I'm looking for a wheeled trolley similiar to this so I can move my Mac Pro around easily. I've found others on Amazon & eBay, but my Mac Pro is that little bit too big for all of them, usually by 5 cm. The other thing is that the finished build is probably going to be closer to 25 kg, more than the 19.2 kg Every Mac says my model weighs in its default configuration.

My study has wooden floorboards & I rent, so the wheels need to be non-scratching, which means no plastic wheels. It also needs brakes so it doesn't shift when I'm using it or moving around my study. I'd rather not ship from the USA because I live in Australia, & US shipping is usually quite expensive for me.

I could potentially use just some wood & attach wheels with brakes to it to create one myself, but I live in an apartment building, & don't have space for that kind of DIY.

I can't understand your line "no plastic wheels". 99% of the wheels on sales at the shops are plastic.
You must get metal wheels or wooden wheels?

I would just go to the hardware store and order a piece of wood and 4 turnable wheels, or salvage them from a thrown a way office chair.
But lucky me, a shop nearby sold the exact piece for only 4$, saving me some time of DIY job.

KeesMacPro

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2019
Plastic wheels are cheap **** IMO.
A better quality wheel is made of nylon/metal whatever and a rubber tyre (and ballbearings).
They are available in different sizes (~ >40mm) and forms e.g. fixed/ turnable/with or without a brake.

Personally , I'd get a piece of aluminium/ stainless steel plate (4mm) cut to the size of the MP bottom between the stands and 4 quality wheels.
A drill , a wrench and a table to assemble it is all you need...

Nguyen Duc Hieu

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2020
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Plastic wheels are cheap **** IMO.
A better quality wheel is made of nylon/metal whatever and a rubber tyre (and ballbearings).
They are available in different sizes (~ >40mm) and forms e.g. fixed/ turnable/with or without a brake.

Personally , I'd get a piece of aluminium/ stainless steel plate (4mm) cut to the size of the MP bottom between the stands and 4 quality wheels.
A drill , a wrench and a table to assemble it is all you need...

Just look around for an old skateboard, place the cMP on it and done.

• Haha
Reactions: KeesMacPro
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.