Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flembot95

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2016
UK
I got an iPad Pro 11" 3rd Gen recently. Absolutely love it.

Currently using the Mous Case. However, when using the iPad in portrait mode (handheld) the cover part of the case is annoying as it doesn't have a place to sit fixed.
I find it difficult to hold the case with just one hand.

I'm seeking recommendations for cases that have a range of viewing angles but also have thick border so it is easy to hold in one hand (left hand).
The Otterbox Defender series look great but sadly I don't think that case offers any viewing or standing angles.

Thanks for you're help in advance.

AJB1971

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2011

Currently using the Mous Case. However, when using the iPad in portrait mode (handheld) the cover part of the case is annoying as it doesn't have a place to sit fixed.

I'm seeking recommendations for cases that have a range of viewing angles but also have thick border so it is easy to hold in one hand (left hand).
The Otterbox Defender series look great but sadly I don't think that case offers any viewing or standing angles.

I’ve just ordered an ESR Ascend Hybrid case but it won’t arrive for a while -
https://www.esrgear.com/products/ipad-pro-11-2022-2021-ascend-hybrid-case/

It’s also worth looking at their other cases such as the Rebound Hybrid 360 case -
https://www.esrgear.com/products/ipad-pro-11-2022-2021-rebound-hybrid-case-360/

My concern with these cases is that the back could be slippery, but I got a very good deal so I’m prepared to try it out. I’ve also been looking at applying some form of grip tape to the part where I hold the iPad.

The main requirement for me is something that doesn't add much weight to the iPad. I'm careful with my devices so the protection a case offers is a secondary consideration, more for when anybody else is using my iPad.

At the moment I’m using the following with a separate hard shell case for carrying the iPad around in -
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...o.order_list.order_list_main.5.734f1802oveKnW

I went for the one with the built-in stand solely because I thought it would be much easier to hold than the fully transparent version that I had for my 2018 iPad Pro 11”, and it is.

The stand works better than expected. It’s more raised in typing mode than the old Apple Smart Covers and more inclined in viewing mode.

The Zagg Pro Keys case looks similar to your existing case but is detachable. The downside is the cost if you don't need the keyboard -

There's also the Logitech Combo Touch -

There are alternatives on AliExpress, but do your own research - check reviews, look for reviews of the same product on Amazon and YouTube, etc.

Finding the right case is the toughest part of getting a new iPad!

Last edited:

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2012

I use Monocozzi. The leather made it elegant and slim/light, it can stand portrait as well. Also it has pencil slot on the left side (pencil didn’t charge all the time).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.