Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zito Abroad

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 17, 2019
Just thought I'd create a thread for people using Good Lock or anyone wanting to try it, and may have questions.

Just a quick FYI, Good Lock has a new module called RegiStar. This module allows you to reorganize your settings menu and also allows you to set back tap actions.

Reactions: Ac1d 8urn

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
good lock is amazing and why i will continue to use samsung. the fact with theme park you can make icon sizes different and change the colour. Icon size has been my only issues with samsung phones as i feel the icon sizes are simply too big. Theme park lets you resize the size and the shape without needing to use launchers.

Reactions: Zito Abroad

ozaz

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2011
I recently bought a Tab S8 and took a look at Good Lock in the Galaxy store. I wasn't compelled to install it, and it doesn't seem to be highly rated (rating is only 3.5).

How would you sell it to someone who doesn't immediately see the point?

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
good lock is amazing and why i will continue to use samsung. the fact with theme park you can make icon sizes different and change the colour. Icon size has been my only issues with samsung phones as i feel the icon sizes are simply too big. Theme park lets you resize the size and the shape without needing to use launchers.
Yeah, Imma Good Lock aficionado lol. And you are right... having Good Lock installed prevents the need for launchers. Back then I used to always install Nova Launcher during my initial set up, but now... Good Lock has kept me on stock OneUI.

I recently bought a Tab S8 and took a look at Good Lock in the Galaxy store. I wasn't compelled to install it, and it doesn't seem to be highly rated (rating is only 3.5).

IMO, you get more out of Good Lock with a phone than a tablet.

Does GL still have that new Fast Shutter feature?
If I'm not mistaken... Samsung recently released a module in GL to help with shutter speed, but its only for specific (latest) devices.

Zito Abroad

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 17, 2019

Have a look...

Reactions: LIVEFRMNYC and ozaz

Zito Abroad

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 17, 2019
For me, getting rid of the status bar, having custom icons, removing the app icon labels, resizing app icons, setting the app drawer as a scrolling list, setting my own custom keyboard for colors and layout, also setting custom colors for the quick panel, custom lockscreen layout, and having separate app volumes, and multi sound that allows me to play Spotify as I record a video, and finally, setting complete custom gestures to navigate my phone are the biggest reasons.

Oh, then we got Modes and Routines. Honestly, Samsung's software is so good, I would never move to another version of Android or even another OS. "Stock" Android, (which really isn't stock), on the Pixels is just too boring and lacking for me.

Last edited:

Zito Abroad

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 17, 2019
How do you achieve this?
I assumed it would be in Home Up, but I can't find a setting.

Home Up -> Home Screen -> App List

Another great thing about the Home Screen option is the ability to change your home screen grid to any combination of rows and columns (max rows and columns of 7).

While your at it, get rid of the app labels for a nice clean looking home screen and app drawer.

Also, if you care to, go into task changer and choose another option for your recent apps screen. So many choices better than stock android.

For a final touch, adjust the background blur and color for when you enter the app drawer. You can do the same to your quick/notification panel with QuickStar.

Last edited:

ozaz

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2011
Home Up -> Home Screen -> App List

I don't seem to have this...

Screenshot_20221226_180201_Home Up.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.