Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joseftu

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 6, 2007
I love books.app. For me, reading e-books was really the one killer app that the iPhone was missing. Lots of the other programs are fun, but having the ability to carry books with me, read them one-handed on the subway or in the dark, or anywhere--that really makes the iPhone the absolutely perfect device (I like its core functions, too, of course).

But books.app only takes .txt or .html ebooks. So I wonder if people have good recommendations for where to find those? Free is good, but I'm willing to pay, too, if the books are good.

One good tip is that Karl Shroeder's first SF book, Ventus is available in many formats, including html. That's a good read, and free.

Any other suggestions?

karbin

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1C28 Safari/419.3)

I don't remember the exact url but google 'the gutenburg project' for a huge repository of public domain books

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.