Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I have a 12.9 with MK. I really just miss the height of an actual desktop screen. I get tired of looking downward all the time.

I use my 12.9 at my desk all the time - have a mini I use when I’m sitting on the couch or traveling. In fact, I’ve toyed with selling my iPP and getting another iMac because I miss my big screen and not having to always be looking down.

So, thinking I might just get a good stand to elevate my iPP screen, and use it with a regular Apple Bluetooth keyboard instead of the MK.

Any ideas for one that will be sturdy enough for the 12.9 to not get knocked off easily?

CharlesShaw

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2015
When I briefly owned a 12.9, I considered this stand that MR featured. I like how it’s adjustable and sleek because there’s no shelf, but that also means it will be retired when your 12.9 retires someday.

Surfsalot

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2023
I use my 12.9 at my desk all the time - have a mini I use when I’m sitting on the couch or traveling. In fact, I’ve toyed with selling my iPP and getting another iMac because I miss my big screen and not having to always be looking down.
I would, I have a 24" iMac in my home office and a 11" iPad, even a laptop wouldn't suit, I have my iMac on a base and eye level in the middle.

Reactions: Agile55

AJB1971

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2011
Constant Geekery posted a video on the MaggFlött Pro by Charjen Pro -

I'm not sure if the magnetic attachment is sturdy enough for your needs, but it does look like the sort of solution that Apple would use themselves.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.