Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Any reason for that? No front page coverage of the complete collapse of HK for users. Lol

msackey

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2020
What's HK?

Edit: Ah...got it. I think that's HomeKit.

Last edited:

dotme

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Iowa
If we're talking about HomePod amnesia, I think that can be resolved with a soft restart or modifying an accessory name, but when you have over a dozen HomePods... What a comedy of errors.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Any reason for that? No front page coverage of the complete collapse of HK for users. Lol

I genuinely have no idea what you are talking about. But, in the UK at least, where I am, I had no issues at all. Well, no more than usual with HomeKit. Any links please?

srl7741

macrumors 68020
Jan 19, 2008
GMT-6
I haven't had any HK issues either. 50+ HK devices, 4 ATV's, 6 HomePods (4 mini, 2 OG). Knock on wood probably should not have said anything (might jinx everything)

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
If we're talking about HomePod amnesia, I think that can be resolved with a soft restart or modifying an accessory name, but when you have over a dozen HomePods... What a comedy of errors.

Yeah, a lot of people don't get when you have as many HomePods as I and some others do, the advice of "unplug it and plug it back in" or "reset it" isn't the answer. Unplugging or resetting 10 HomePods is NO GO!

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
I think this outage, however it affected anybody, just highlights how completely garbage HomeKit is in so many ways, the main one being reliability. For stuff around the house, it should not need to keep calling Apple. Of course it has to upload camera recordings and it's status but it should not be affected in the home when there is an issue with Apple's backend systems in my opinion.

I should still be able to ask for temperature readings, close curtains et cetera whether there is an Internet connection or not, and whether there is an issue at Apple HQ or not.

Reactions: dotme and Lcgiv

Kiro

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2015
Germany, Leipzig
Had the same problem for around 20h now. App on the iphone works. But since I have around 10 Homepods… what happend? Why the sudden problems for people worldwide?

Also, today my apple watch said that I need to install the clock app on my watch to set up a timer…

What is going on with apple!?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.