Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harriska2

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
Oregon
I swear I used to be able to use the lasso tool to select part of an image and either move, copy, or delete it. If not Goodnotes (using both paid for version 4 and 5), is there another app that can do this? I’m just trying to re-arrange an image quickly without using fancy big software like photoshop.

mr_jomo

Cancelled
Dec 9, 2018
Just tried that on Goodnotes 5: ensure the image option is selected in the lasso's set of options, circle the image, long-press after which the menu for "edit" shows up, there you can resize, move or delete.

harriska2

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
Oregon
Just tried that on Goodnotes 5: ensure the image option is selected in the lasso's set of options, circle the image, long-press after which the menu for "edit" shows up, there you can resize, move or delete.
But not select a part 🙁

mr_jomo

Cancelled
Dec 9, 2018
But not select a part 🙁
ahh, just thought of another thing --> if you use crop on a copy you can either select parts of the image using the normal rectangle or freehand which could very well be what you're looking for? As below maybe, where I've copied the top image and cropped the copies using rectangle and freehand respectively?

1671770998944.png

Last edited:

harriska2

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
Oregon
ahh, just thought of another thing --> if you use crop on a copy you can either select parts of the image using the normal rectangle or freehand which could very well be what you're looking for? As below maybe, where I've copied the top image and cropped the copies using rectangle and freehand respectively?

View attachment 2131988
I like your thinking. Let me try it.

harriska2

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
Oregon
Nope. Any selection of an image or even drawn item selects the whole thing. There is no cropping in GoodNotes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.