Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clubmedia

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 12, 2002
delaware
if you guys don't know yet about Google's Adsense i highly recommend getting familiar with it.

imagine banners on your sites being custom taylored by google's search engine specifically geared towards the text content on each page.

you can track how many impressions of your banners and see the amount of money you have generated in pretty much real time.

just make sure if you read the terms agreement carefully. discussing your actual profits can get your account deleted.

i highly recommend trying it though.

here's plenty more info on adsense

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
heh... I'm here.

there are adsense ads running on this site.

arn

clubmedia

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 12, 2002
delaware
Originally posted by arn
heh... I'm here.

there are adsense ads running on this site.

arn

i know you guys are, i am trying to help the everyday web dev guys aware of the possibilities too.

this is a great service with Google's backing. good stuff

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Yeah, I put them on my forum (which currently gets 0 traffic :eek: :() but I just wanted to give them a go and see what they were all about, by far the best type of ads IMO, they don't ruin your page either as you can customise the look of them.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Please avoid breaking the Google Terms of Service. (fraudulent clicks etc...) People have been kicked out (of Google adsense) for less.

so... please don't. :)

arn

Shifty

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2003
UK, London, SW15
Originally posted by arn
Please avoid breaking the Google Terms of Service. (fraudulent clicks etc...) People have been kicked out (of Google adsense) for less.

so... please don't. :)

arn

Yeah, that's one that you should not do.

There's this site I report news for called julestm.net. The webmaster told me, and others on the site over iChat to click on the ads multiple times. He did aswell.

But then Google didn't give him the $100, because of 'invailed clicks'. they must have traced ths IPs or something.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.