Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
Has anyone gotten Google Analytics to work? For some reason. I do a tracking status check, but I get an error telling me that I haven't put the javascript on the pages within to domain, yet they are on all four of my domains on every page.

Also... kind of a bummer, but the viewing the stats does not work in Safari, only IE or Moz-based browsers.

Benjamin

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2003
Portland, OR
did you wait 6 hours? Q and A says up to 6 hours wait for stats to appear. I'll wait on my site, just added and see what happens. the stats look nice however, GUI that is, still the same old stats collector it seems (js).

btw your site activity does say it's loading the 1 by 1 px gif and the js from google. also 404 on http://paulasaur.us/textpattern/ext/livearchive.js just thought you would like to know.

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
Thanks, Benjamin, I've kind of let my blog go for a little while in terms of maintenance.

I've waited about 18 hours now and still nothing. My understanding was that the status check should be instantaneous, though.

Benjamin

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2003
Portland, OR
yeah i just did the status check for my site as well and nothing, so idk. :(

*edit, well looked around at digg and /. and some blog posts and seems a lot are in the same situation. I think way to many signed up.

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
Finally I am seeing that I installed correctly, now I'm just waiting for it to gather stats apparently.

I saw somewhere that Google didn't anticipate such an overwhelming response of people trying it out and it hit there servers pretty hard, so things got a bit backed up in queue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.