Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gbf

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 13, 2019
Just got off with a senior advisor from Apple.

I downloaded a vCard from Google for iOS where my contacts are and I uploaded them to iCloud contacts.

If you sign in on iCloud’s website it shows 517 contacts matching the gmail contacts in Google.

The iPhone is only bringing down 467 contacts and then stopping.

We have done everything including restoring the phone (13 pro max) and still it gets stuck on 467 but the iCloud.com shows 517.

Any ideas?

Thank you all!

G

Pentium

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2015
Los Angeles
Try to split the contacts when exporting from google (for example choose the first 170 entry, then the next 170, then the remaining 177) and import the 3 files individually in iCloud.

gbf

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 13, 2019
I appreciate you. I just don’t understand why I should when you can see in iCloud they are all there but it just won’t download them all to the phone.

Pentium

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2015
Los Angeles
I appreciate you. I just don’t understand why I should when you can see in iCloud they are all there but it just won’t download them all to the phone.
It happened to me before and for a reason that I don’t really understand, this is what worked (I use Google Pixel for my work phone).

Start with removing all contacts from iCloud of course.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.