Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rmarinheira

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2008
Hi!
Just noticed my new iPhone SE 2020, in which I have my Google account synced has an issue with contact pictures.
They are being perfectly synced from my Google account, but there are no contact pictures showed.
Any idea to solve this?

deuxani

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2010
I gave up a year ago and moved all my contacts to iCloud. It used to work fine, then a new version of iOS messed it up (no more full screen contact photos with Google Contacts and sometimes no photos at all) and I guess it’s even worse now hearing your experience.

What happens if you change or add a contact photo of 1 person on your iPhone? Does it get synced correctly to Google?

rmarinheira

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2008
It does sync perfectly. Only gripe is it does not sync any of the contact pictures.

rmarinheira

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2008
Just noticed that some of the contacts get their picure synced.
Only a few others don't, which does not make any sense.
Neve happened before.
Any clue?

rmarinheira

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2008
Update on this: just confirmed that the pictures note being synced are those defined directly by the people in their google account. All contacts whose pictures were added y me are syncing just fine. All other people for whom contact picture is fetched from their google account do not have contact picture on iPhone.
No one else noticed this?

djayor

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2012
Same problem here on iOS 15.7.
Were you able to find an application that syncs account users' photos with your saved contacts? Or any other solution?

dannymichel

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2008
New York
Update on this: just confirmed that the pictures note being synced are those defined directly by the people in their google account. All contacts whose pictures were added y me are syncing just fine. All other people for whom contact picture is fetched from their google account do not have contact picture on iPhone.
No one else noticed this?
Ok, i guess i get why they would do that, but does anyone know of a way to get those google contact photos to icloud or your phone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.