Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

airwalk331

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2012
I use the Google Drive app to listen to demos and practice sessions from my band. The guys in my band upload .mp3s and .WAVs and I save them to my drive, star them and save them for offline listening. Not only could I play .mp3s and .WAVs in the app but they would continue to play on the lock screen.

Now, for some reason, the app has changed so so slightly. Both in how it looks (the white headphones on the blank background are now blue) but also in how it acts- whenever I lock the screen or navigate away from the Google Drive app it fades out the audio to a stop.

I haven't updated the app (and my phone doesn't automatically download/install updates). I'm running iOS 10.3.2.

This is super frustrating for a few reasons: I have to keep the Drive spp open and the phone unlocked in order to listen to my jam sessions meaning the phone can't be in my pocket and that I have to babysit it.

Any thoughts or help here would be awesome!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.