Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whyrichard

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 15, 2002
Hello!

I am trying to have google drive on my mac work similarly to dropbox...

I can see the google drive files and folders that are on my accounts google drive. But I cannot find a way to store locally on my hard drive google drive files in folders that are shared with me by someone else.

Is there a way to get google drive on mac to store locally files and folders that others share with me?

Thanks,
R

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Google has change the way Google Drive works with computer syncing so many times that I'm not sure anyone knows how to get it to do that…download shared files/folders and keep them stored and in sync in macOS.

It's likely because someone could add a HUGE file to a folder shared with another user and bring their computer to a halt.

zoran

macrumors 601
Jun 30, 2005
I thought id give GoogleDrive a shot and check it out. Im using the web option, dropping files through the browser. But it seems its kinda buggy, at least for some videos. I get this preview after the video is uploaded in the GDrive... can anyone understand what this is for?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-25 at 22.03.17.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-25 at 22.03.17.png
    136.6 KB · Views: 51

Buadhai

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2018
Korat, Thailand
Hello!

I am trying to have google drive on my mac work similarly to dropbox...

I can see the google drive files and folders that are on my accounts google drive. But I cannot find a way to store locally on my hard drive google drive files in folders that are shared with me by someone else.

Is there a way to get google drive on mac to store locally files and folders that others share with me?

Thanks,
R
I'm grappling with this as well. The folders that are shared with me still show up on my 2019 Intel iMac running Sonoma, but I can't figure out how to get them to show up on my M2 MBA.

Anyone figure this out?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.