Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

titoaida2078

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2020
This I would not buy
0f883d2118943b410196de084241f47e.jpg

MisterMillz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2011
FL, USA
I'm definitely about it if it is introduced with the Pixel 6 line. Otherwise, I'll end up with a P6 or Galaxy Fold again. Battery on the Fold was unimpressive, but I did like the utility of it.

titoaida2078

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2020
I'm definitely about it if it is introduced with the Pixel 6 line. Otherwise, I'll end up with a P6 or Galaxy Fold again. Battery on the Fold was unimpressive, but I did like the utility of it.

What? Lol I love my folds but I mainly sketch on them so not battery intensive I suppose but I would buy this in a heartbeat if done right. I can’t wait for next year! How many foldables will we see?

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
Not going to trust Google for the hardware, let alone bleeding edge tech like foldable. Google cannot even make reliable regular phones (Google hardware issues of Pixel phones, dating way to even the Nexus phones). The fact that Google doesn't sell that many handsets to begin with, means that design flaws or QA issues can go unnoticed for generations of hardware.

Compare to Samsung who sells phones worldwide in larger numbers, and has their brand to bet on. Any faults (eg the Note 7,first batch of the Fold) are more likely to be discovered and trigger learning and fixing/improvements.

Reactions: Cycom

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Google joining the foldable market might get more developers to have more interest in optimising their apps. I wouldn’t trust a first gen foldable from google yet. Let’s see if the pixel 6 pro line gets them going to have great hardware and software once they do that then they can be trusted in this market.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.