Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

numlock

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2006
When did Drive lose the ability to edit spreadsheets? They are forcing me to download Sheets for this? That's annoying.

i think that happened when the individual apps were first released in may. i don't like that tactic but i guess its true it gives people the choice of which apps and services they want on their phone but then again its not like these are the biggest most full featured ios apps out there

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
i think that happened when the individual apps were first released in may. i don't like that tactic but i guess its true it gives people the choice of which apps and services they want on their phone but then again its not like these are the biggest most full featured ios apps out there

I think you're right I the timing. I found the MR article later. Obviously, I don't use the app a lot if I just found out several months later, but I do use it occasionally and don't want to download 2 more apps when one sufficed. Guess I have a choice to make. I'm sure I'll download them though. Infrequent use but necessary at times.

I wish they just made one app. I have a whole folder dedicated to apps by Google. It's a bit ridiculous since they could combine so many. They've broken apart more apps lately (Google+, Hangouts & Drive, Sheets, Slides) than they've combined. So inefficient.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.