Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rogercorke

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
Can anyone solve this problem for me? Google Maps has suddenly stopped working properly when I plug my iPhone into my car and use Carplay. I can type in a destination but, instead of the immediate route coming up on the screen with voice instructions, all I get is a map. As I go along the route, my car icon moves along it but it's not the same as having an image of the road immediately in front of you, of course.

But if I key in the location on my phone before I attach it to Carplay via the USB lead, then up comes the usual screen and the voice instructions. That's fine until I put in a new destination, and then it's back to a map with no voice.

I've tried everything - rebooting the phone, deleting and reinstalling Google Maps on the phone - but all to no avail.

rogercorke

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
I tried that and it didn't work. Then I solved it! In the bottom left hand corner of the screen is a blue arrow pointing upwards. Press that and the voice instructions and "local" map returns! I can only conclude that someone decided to change it in the latest version of Google maps.

Reactions: tgara and Itinj24
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.