Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Evangelion

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 10, 2005
Am I doing something wrong here? I installed the maps-application from iPhone to the touch, and it seems to be working fine. I can search fon cities and addresses and it works. But when I try to search for pizza-places in Helsinki (for example) and search for "pizza helsinki" it always returns with "no search results found". maps.google.com does display lots of hits (havent tried accessing the website with touch itself, but still).

Am I doing something wrong here?

Evangelion

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 10, 2005
Anyone? Does everyone have 100% working Maps-app on their touch? Mine works in as such that it finds addresses and cities but not places. Hell, even traffic-info works in USA, but if I try to look for restaurants in some city it always complains that "no search-results found".

Evangelion

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 10, 2005
Seriously: all you with hacked touches, does Maps work for you? Yes/No? Can you do generic searches like "San Francisco Starbucks" and get meaningful results? The website works, but the app does not.

Mystikal

macrumors 68020
Oct 4, 2007
Irvine, CA
Seriously: all you with hacked touches, does Maps work for you? Yes/No? Can you do generic searches like "San Francisco Starbucks" and get meaningful results? The website works, but the app does not.

Let me try that...hold on.

It works perfect for me...let me show you.

my.php
foo01ng0.png
foo02po9.png
foo0fc2.png

Evangelion

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 10, 2005
thank you for your reply :). Now I just need to figure out what's wrong with my Maps... Anyone have any ideas?

eguilenea

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2007
jailbreak and install the apps

I use these combo to jailbreak and install the apps. All works great. It's from a user named Jared, and I discover on a ipodtouchhacks.com tread.
You can download here.
I have only a problem whit mail. Work only with Gmail and AOL. If if try a custom POP or IMAP, send me an error with the activation.

eguilenea

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2007
Now mail work ok

Mail now works on all my different acconts... pop, imap, Yahoo, Gmail and AOL. I don't know if work on .Mac because Im not have an account.

Evangelion

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 10, 2005
no, it still doesn't work :(. FOr some reason the Maps.app can't locate something like "san francisco starbucks" or anything else that is generic like that.

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Oct 16, 2006
no, it still doesn't work :(. FOr some reason the Maps.app can't locate something like "san francisco starbucks" or anything else that is generic like that.

Try replacing the GMM framework with the one it the new file you downloaded.

Evangelion

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 10, 2005
I fixed it! Hold on, experimenting some more....

EDIT: the problem is not the frameworks or any of the other files you download to the device. The problem is that if I set the region format to Finnish, it does not work. Switching it to United States fixes the problem. I'll experiment with other settings as well.

EDIT: the problem exists in other region formats as well. Except USA

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.