Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JohnGiotto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2023
Hello, sorry if this don't belong here.

I have problem with google maps website on safari. When I go on google maps website, map itself shows but not any functions like street view, satellite, also I can't search places. I can only see map itself and can zoom in and out. There is loading icon at bottom of site but it's just rotating infinitely.

Would be glad for any help. It's started doing two os updates ago. When I constantly reload site, sometimes it's just instantly fix and everything works, that's why I don't think it have anything to do with internet or ram.

Attachments

• Snímka obrazovky 2023-08-29 o 16.06.27.png
    Snímka obrazovky 2023-08-29 o 16.06.27.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 334

rm5

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2022
United States
What OS and Safari version are you using? Mine seems to work just fine:
Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 1.38.27 PM.png

I'm running Safari 16.6 and macOS Ventura 13.5.1

JohnGiotto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2023
Same, everything is updated. but have this problem for like 4months. I can live with it, if I constantly refresh site then its just magically fix itself, but its annoying when you want to check something a you must refreshing for it few min. Somedays it just load instantly. that's why it is so weird. I have 32gb Ram, 800Mbps internet speed, have max 10tabs open. And don't run anything else in background.

VBird

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2023
Same problem on my 14” M2 MacBook Pro running macOS Ventura 13.5.2.

I’m not sure when this issue started, because I don’t often use Google Maps in Safari. But it seems relatively recent.

Disabling my Ad Block plugin and using Private Mode doesn’t help. Neither does clearing cookies. If I repeatedly refresh the page, it eventually loads correctly. But it’s random.

I’ve just tested this on my wife’s M2 MacBook Air, and the problem is there, too. Google Maps simply refuses to load properly in Safari.

Last edited:

VBird

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2023
I’ve just updated to macOS Sonoma 14.0 with Safari 17.0, and the problem still exists. ☹️

JohnGiotto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2023
I was using Adblock with name AdGuard a when I deleted it and installed different one, google maps started load instantly.

VBird

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2023
I was using Adblock with name AdGuard a when I deleted it and installed different one, google maps started load instantly.

You're right, thank you!

I also have AdGuard, and that seems to be the problem. I previously only tried disabling AdGuard on www.google.com/maps alone, and that never helped. But this time I decided to try disabling the specific AdGuard Advanced Blocking extension, and that solved the problem!

I tested this many times, and each time I enabled this extension, Google Maps stopped working. Each time I disabled it, Google Maps worked again.

It looks like you can keep the rest of AdGuard's extensions running. The culprit seems to be only this AdGuard Advanced Blocking extension. (see screenshot)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-05 at 8.06.53 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-05 at 8.06.53 PM.png
    528.6 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: JohnGiotto
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.