Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
Just noticed today that when connecting the iPhone to a newly acquired, CarPlay-equipped work vehicle that Google’s turn by turn navigation (TBTN) isn’t coming through my AirPods Pro (APP), whilst Spotify plays music.

Phone’s connected via USB, with Bluetooth disabled in the car (it was initially enabled), so the only Bluetooth connection is between the iPhone 15 (latest IOS) & APP.

Strange thing is, TBTN works when I’m on a call, but not when I’m playing Spotify…in this case, the TBTN is pushed to the vehicle’s speakers.

I’ve had no such issue in my personal vehicle which also has a cabled CarPlay connection, until I went to test it this afternoon, & now the issue has copied over to it, only it’s worse because Google Map’s TBTN isn’t working at all on my APP, even during calls! It now only works when I disconnect from CarPlay & just Bluetooth everything to my APP.

Apple tier 2 support are stumped. Google support couldn’t help as they aren’t a Google Maps support department (& they knew nothing of such a department).

The obvious Google Maps setting of “Play Voice over Bluetooth” has always been enabled, though I’ve toggled it off/on to no avail.

Same thing happens with Apple Music & Apple Maps.

Google Maps App has been reinstalled. iPhone’s network settings have been reset. APP have been forgotten & rediscovered.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
I don't know…but please tell me you're either not driving this vehicle or you're only wearing an APP in one ear!
Well it’s not illegal where I am, though I am weaning off them, as the acoustics in the new vehicle are better than the last.

Noticed another problem though - when not wearing headphones, & just using CarPlay, listening to music through the vehicle speakers, but when Turn by Turn instructions come through, they don’t dim the music… Has anyone else noticed this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.