Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AMB12686

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2017
Utah
I am a dedicated user of iCloud photo library. This past year, since shared library was launched, I have gone back through my library to clean everything up and share it with my family. This has included adding location info and updating date/time data for photos from other sources. I am now trying to sync everything with Google just to have a second cloud backup (I know its not a true backup) and be able to use their memories features which is different and in someways better than Apple photos.

However, Google photos constantly drops meta data including time stamps and location data. sometimes the time stamp is years(!) off or a timezone I fixed is wrong or the location info is missing. The results are also inconsistent - sometimes the location info is uploaded for a photo and other times when I try to upload it again the info comes back. Has anyone encountered this and is there a workaround/solution?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.