Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

.macbookpro.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
london
Anyone else's not working?
Anyone know a fix?
Searched the list of broken apps, but it doesn't appear anyone had an issue

DubelBoom

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2014
Try using the Music Manager Chorme Extension.
I think its also able to access the iTunes library and upload from there.

.macbookpro.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
london
I just downgraded to iTunes 11 for the moment. Had to get my music on by tomorrow and it didn't look like there was going to be a solution.
It does now work though. Probably the best solution

.macbookpro.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
london

yetanotherdave

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2007
Bristol, England
Same here, also sonos can't read my itunes library either, or any of the files in the directory, looks like iTunes has done something strange to the file permissions so that I can't add the ~/user/music/ folder as a share.

trebb

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2013
Bumping this since it still doesn't seem to have been resolved. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Google Play Music Manager is one of my favorite things, as I use everything that's been automatically uploaded to listen to music while at work. I've been on the Yosemite beta for so long that my Google Music is so far behind. :(

vbctv

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Choose the Music folder instead of ITunes Library and it will read your iTunes Library since the songs are inside of folders in the music folder. I had the same problem and Google Support told me this option.

trebb

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2013
Choose the Music folder instead of ITunes Library and it will read your iTunes Library since the songs are inside of folders in the music folder. I had the same problem and Google Support told me this option.

Hmmm. It wants me to re-upload all 13,000+ songs when I choose the option to switch it to to the Music folder.

thatdrewguy

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2009
I tried the above method and I think it is uploading all my songs. Before I would create a playlist and upload only the songs/albums that I wanted in Google Play Music. Is this not possible any more?

drosskopf

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2017
Anyone else's not working?
Anyone know a fix?
Searched the list of broken apps, but it doesn't appear anyone had an issue
Long story short, if you have your itunes library in a different folder or your itunes library is called something different Google Music won't pick it up. It is looking for a specific file located under your %USERPROFILE%/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music Library.xml there is a work around and I have blogged it here http://redballer.blogspot.com/2017/03/using-itunes-with-google-music-manager.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.