Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theorist9

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 28, 2015
I'm running MacOS 10.13.6 (High Sierra) with Safari 13.1.2 (13609.3.5.1.5). A couple of months ago, Google Voice (GV) stopped working in Safari. It still works in Chrome [Version 90.0.4430.93 (Official Build) (x86_64), which is the latest production version].

Since I've chosen to stay with High Sierra, I'm limited to Safari 13, which is one major release older than the current version (Safari 14). Nevertheless, according to https://support.google.com/voice/answer/9682580?hl=en , GV works with the current and last major release of Safari, so it should still work with Safari 13:

Anyone here having the same problem?
1619736612695.png

theorist9

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 28, 2015
You left this out…which excludes High Sierra:

View attachment 1767275

Ah, you're right, I did miss that. Except that, at least on the face of it, the issue doesn't seem to be the OS, but rather the browser, since it works perfectly well in HS when using Chrome. It's only with Safari that I lose function.

Perhaps "limited functionality" means "in older OS's it, may work in some supported browsers but not in others". But I'm just speculating—given that it works in HS in one browser but not another, The Ockham's Razor conclusion would be that it's the browser.

But how about for you--do you use HS (after all, this is an HS subforum) and, if so, does it work in Safari/HS for you?

Last edited:

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
The question would be: if someone were using Mojave and a 13.x version of Safari would Google Voice work properly. Safari's integrated into macOS so it's possible there's a portion of the OS that's missing in High Sierra that makes Safari work with GV in Mojave.

I upgraded my Safari (I'm on Mojave) to version 14 a while back so I can't test. I only use it when I have to. Other browsers are updated almost daily.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.