Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adelphos33

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 13, 2012
I wanted a tan/ brown watch strap, so I decided go try out the taupe fine woven watch band... Before I could even assess the color/material, I noticed that the magnets were basically noneffective in the strap. I've owned two leather link straps, and both magnets worked perfectly. Anyone else run into this? Pretty poor quality control from Apple that I have not really experienced... Will need to return

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
I mean I only own one FineWoven (prototype) but the magnets all work as intended. They're just like the links' magnets in my experience.

Will say though, both links only work in one direction. Trying to put the smaller side on top of the long side doesn't work.

nycgeo

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2005
NYC
I wanted a tan/ brown watch strap, so I decided go try out the taupe fine woven watch band... Before I could even assess the color/material, I noticed that the magnets were basically noneffective in the strap. I've owned two leather link straps, and both magnets worked perfectly. Anyone else run into this? Pretty poor quality control from Apple that I have not really experienced... Will need to return
This is not possible. Youre either putting it on with the wrong end on top (long end goes on top), or you got a knockoff. Apple bands work great 100% of the time.

• Haha
Reactions: GoofyCyborg
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.