Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

combataran

macrumors member
Original poster
May 9, 2011
Don't know which to choose from, any suggestions?
Going for a case that protects the phone from scratches, and that looks nice.

Selection:Incase Slider, Uncommon Deflector, or Case Scenario Keith Harring Collection.

Incase Slider
90u1l1.jpg

153tkph.jpg

of10jp.jpg

6ymfrd.jpg

10qfmdj.jpg

245fzmt.jpg

Uncommon Deflector with Leica print
1591de.jpg

2it3ix0.jpg

1zph79y.jpg

Side by side with the Incase Slider
2lu9xeq.jpg

Case Scenario Keith Harring
15cnga9.jpg

White iPhone is the one with the Keith Harring on, black is the Deflector
29ylelf.jpg

20tmbfc.jpg

Photos belong to Andrew Kim of minimallyminimal.com

Last edited:

mikegaudiello

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2011
Glad to see I'm not the only one contemplating buying an iPhone4 this late in the game. Not really feeling any of those cases, not my thing. I want a bulkier case since I'm clumsy, and the slider cases make me paranoid that it'll disconnect when it hits the ground. I like the Leica print one the best out of the ones you posted.

combataran

macrumors member
Original poster
May 9, 2011
Glad to see I'm not the only one contemplating buying an iPhone4 this late in the game. Not really feeling any of those cases, not my thing. I want a bulkier case since I'm clumsy, and the slider cases make me paranoid that it'll disconnect when it hits the ground. I like the Leica print one the best out of the ones you posted.
There's nothing wrong with buying what you want, when you want. That's how I make my purchasing decisions. Well I've dropped my phone about 3 times in 5 years, so I guess I'm not the clumsy kinda person.

And they say that the Uncommon Deflector is virtually irremovable once you snap it on(pun intended).

mikegaudiello

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2011
I've dropped my phone about 3 times in 5 years

I've only dropped my Nexus One once in a year and a half, but that was the time it got a mark on it (no case at all, lol). I'm still surprised, just a tiny scuff, and I dropped it from chest height onto a tiled bathroom floor. From that point on it's been in a case.

Last edited:

combataran

macrumors member
Original poster
May 9, 2011
I dropped it from chest height onto a tiled bathroom floor.
For my case it'll probably be for it to slip when I'm pulling it out of my pocket. Once I thought I was putting it into my pocket when there's nothing there, so the phone just fell from pocket height to the floor. It hurts, so bad.

accessoriesguy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2011
I like that first plane white one. I think images mess it up, however creative. Simple and clean, just like apple's motto.

rapaleeman

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
Ge the Pro Slider from Incase. It has covered buttons and is slightly more screen protector friendly. Also it has slightly better grip.

Looks identical to the standard slider except for the covered buttons.

combataran

macrumors member
Original poster
May 9, 2011
Ge the Pro Slider from Incase. It has covered buttons and is slightly more screen protector friendly. Also it has slightly better grip.

Looks identical to the standard slider except for the covered buttons.

It seems that, quote from iLounge's Slider Case for iPhone 4 review:"The Slider Case doesn't come with or do especially well with protective screen film".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.