Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I'mAMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 28, 2006
In a Mac box
Finally! This is my first real mac. I had one when I was younger but I didn't know what I was doing. Then I had a mini which i don't count as a computer. And now this. I know there was some confusion over this but it IS good for games. I was getting 60 fps on bf2 on everything high. So for anyone thinking that the iMacs are not good for gaming, think again.
2.0ghz core duo, 1.5 gb RAM, x1600 256mb, 250 HD

aaron.lee2006

macrumors 65816
Feb 23, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Yah I really hope you didn't get screwed out of core 2 duo. I mean I have an original core duo in my mbp and love it but it would bother me if I got screwed out of it not even knowing it was coming. But congrats on the iMac, you are gonna love it.

FredClausen

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2006
KALM
Markleshark said:
How can you not count a Mini as a computer? :confused:

I used the Mac Mini 1.25 as my main computer for an entire year. Slightly misleading by the OP to sweepingly state the Mini isn't a "real computer."

JSchwage

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2006
Rochester, NY
I think the main reason people say Macs aren't good for gaming is because Mac isn't supported as much for games as Windows is. But this is now changed since Windows can now be run on a Mac. And maybe this will get game developers thinking about just releasing their games for both operating systems since the rate of Mac users is going up quickly.
Markleshark said:
How can you not count a Mini as a computer? :confused:
Maybe he meant the iPod Mini?

I'mAMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 28, 2006
In a Mac box
ok i count it as a computer, just not a GOOD computer. I started using the iMac and it was so much faster. and better gfx. But i did get the core duo. Will the 3DMark06 thing work on a mac or only windows.

aaron.lee2006

macrumors 65816
Feb 23, 2006
Ontario, Canada
I'mAMac said:
ok i count it as a computer, just not a GOOD computer. I started using the iMac and it was so much faster. and better gfx. But i did get the core duo. Will the 3DMark06 thing work on a mac or only windows.

everyone has core duo, but did you get core 2 duo?

I'mAMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 28, 2006
In a Mac box
aaron.lee2006 said:
everyone has core duo, but did you get core 2 duo?
no just core duo as i said in the quote above. I sais i got it because people were asking if i got the C2D or just core duo

I'mAMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 28, 2006
In a Mac box
Yeah i ordered it and then when C2D came out i tried to cancel but i couldnt. I still might get C2D down the line maybe when leopard comes out. I just dont like knowing that i couldve had it if i waited a day or 2 more :( But i'm very happy with it.:)

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
aaron.lee2006 said:
ahhh, too bad you didn't get C2D

meh, there was no upgrade whatsoever to the 20" except going from a 2.0 yonah to a 2.16 merom, a difference that very few people would even notice.

I'mAMac, even though you can't get the new one, I bet you can get apple to refund the $200 difference if you bring them the receipt.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
Allotriophagy said:
It is his opinion.

While he is entitled to have an opinion and express it, that doesn't make it right.

I hate when people say that just because something is an opinion it makes it above reproach. Anyways, that's not an opinion, it's a false statement. The mini IS a computer, and actually a pretty decent one. I mean, what definition of computer would cover an iMac and not a mini?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.