Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Hey..

I ordered a few 4x6, 5x7 and one 16x20" print via Apple's iPhoto software... got them today. They came out _very_ nice. The originals were on my old digital camera - so rez was only 1280x960. I doubt anyone could tell the prints did not come from a "regular" camera and printed traditionally.

arn

Kid Red

macrumors 65816
Dec 14, 2001
That's good to hear. My wife and I are waiting to hear from someone who has done the book. That's what my wife wants to make, is the book.

She read somewhere that someone did it and the prints were 15% dark. To me that could be due to a lack of screen calibration as being a graphics guy I wouldn't use iPhoto. But since that person did, maybe their screen was set too bright making the pictures look brighter then they were which was why the prints were dark.

Either way, she's waiting for more people to chime in with their book experience.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
whenever I get around to playing with iPhoto more, I'm going to make an album for my me & my girlfriend....

it's good to know someone is pleased with the product thus far :D

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Argentina
It's just a shame you need a US posting address to order prints from iPhoto. Any americans willing to accept a cheque for postage to the UK?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.