Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Yea yea I know I'm a sucker for accessories, but I sold a new Griffin Elan case on ebay for $20, so this xstand only cost me $15.

I was originally gonna just get a dock but I wanted something that matched my MBP aluminum and I thought this would look better on my desk. The build quality is quite amazing and the aluminum stand is rock solid. Good luck trying to bend it. As you see in the pics, it's held in by 4 rubber feet. The feet do come off and it worked better good with my Seidio Innocase II case.

What I like:

-Top notch build quality and well worth the money if your looking for a desk accessory.
-You can tap/touch the screen without the phone falling out. Great for calculator use or just rockin Pandora. You get the idea.
-Stand swivels vertically/horizontally (awesome for watching vids)
-Has the iMac hole so you can keep your charging/syncing wire looking clean on your desk.
-The phone doesn't touch the x part of the stand. Brilliant.
-Comes with the 2G and 3G feet for the stand. Smart thinking.

What I don't like:

Honestly I really don't think there is anything negative to say about this stand. It's a straight foward accessory. If your looking for a nice desk accessory to go with your iphone, I highly recommend this. One thing to note, you have to have one hand on the base of the stand and use the other hand to take the phone out. Only drawback IMO.

Here are the pics, enjoy!

DSC_0552-1.jpg

DSC_0554.jpg

DSC_0557.jpg

DSC_0558-2.jpg

My coffee table, not my desk :D

DSC_0560-1.jpg

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
nice stand. does the USB cable fit through the hole in the back ?

Yes the USB cable fits through the hole in the back to keep a nice clean look. Think of the iMac, same idea.

do you think the phone would fit with an incase slider on it?

Ughh I wish. I tried my red metallic slider and it was a no go :(. Only case I got to work and fit is the seidio innocase.

srl7741

macrumors 68020
Jan 19, 2008
GMT-6
iPhone Stand

Looks great, is the phone sturdy while in the stand? Will it tip easy?
I really like that stand and the overall appearance.

Thanks for the pictures.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Looks great, is the phone sturdy while in the stand? Will it tip easy?
I really like that stand and the overall appearance.

Thanks for the pictures.

No way it will tip over on a desk. It is rock solid. The only way I can see it tipping over is if you pull the sync cord or knock it over yourself. I'm really impressed with the quality.

FarSeide

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
Earth Lane
Yes the USB cable fits through the hole in the back to keep a nice clean look. Think of the iMac, same idea.

Ughh I wish. I tried my red metallic slider and it was a no go :(. Only case I got to work and fit is the seidio innocase.

couldn't you just take the rubber piece out from the corners ? or put in the 1G rubber mounts ?

FarSeide

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
Earth Lane
Yes I took them out and only my innocase will fit. My slider just misses out. I was pissed. Looks like cases like the contour flick and incipio feather will only fit.

oh i see. I just ordered Speck's See Through case so I'm hoping that it will fit so that I dont have to take the case off.

Thanks again for the info.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
oh i see. I just ordered Speck's See Through case so I'm hoping that it will fit so that I dont have to take the case off.

Thanks again for the info.

Not a problem man. This is how I'm using the stand with the innocase. It looks better without the rubber bumpers IMO. Oh well, my slider will be used when I am on the road.

DSC_0550-1.jpg

DSC_0551-2.jpg

DSC_0552-3.jpg

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Thanks OP. That looks sic. I cant wait til I get mine in the mail.

Not a problem man. I like to take pics for people to see what the product looks like. Makes buying something much easier. Let us know what you think when you get it. Mine came in 2 days from Cali so you should get yours in no time.

FarSeide

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
Earth Lane
Not a problem man. I like to take pics for people to see what the product looks like. Makes buying something much easier. Let us know what you think when you get it. Mine came in 2 days from Cali so you should get yours in no time.

I ended up ordering Seidio Innocase II after seeing how it looks on your + Xtand.

I will let you know my thoughts once I get mine as well.

Again, thanks for going through the trouble to post the pics.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
That looks really nice, but if I got that(which I'm trying hard not to do) it would be my fourth dock/stand:eek:....I need help!:D

we all need some help, don't feel bad :D

I ended up ordering Seidio Innocase II after seeing how it looks on your + Xtand.

I will let you know my thoughts once I get mine as well.

Again, thanks for going through the trouble to post the pics.

Nice man, yeah let us know what you think. I love the case, it feels so much thinner to a incase slider, which I use full time.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Just a little update for anyone interested. Since I like using the incase slider full time I thought I'd show everyone that you can use it with the xStand but it will only sit in the bottom 2 feet. It stays with no problems but I'm not a clumsy person (if you are, I can see it dropping out). It's also simple to pull off and put back on the stand. Anyways thought I would share, here are the pics so you can see what I mean.

DSC_0550-2.jpg

DSC_0551-3.jpg

FarSeide

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
Earth Lane
I'm going to get one too, I really like how it works and looks next to your notebook.

I have mStand for my work Dell on my left, 24" LED in the center, mStand for my Unibody MBP on my right and mStand for my books (great to set your reference manual or book) to the right of MBP. The Xtand will not take the center stage. I now have matching stands for all my gadgets.

skyoong

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2009
very nice stand~!!

have you ever tried it on a car?

is it sturdy to hold the iphone?

cherrybomb

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2008
great pics map1978 thank you! I think I might buy one now seeing it fully. Does anyone know how much they are in the UK apple store?

TIA

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.