Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaveMike11

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2014
Hi,

I got a new apple watch sport 42mm white silver aluminium . I would like to know what are must have accessories for the watch.

1. Screen Protector.
2. Charger night stand.
3. Bands

Does a screen protector must have for an apple watch to avoid scratches ?

IphoneIssues

macrumors 65816
Dec 30, 2010
I'd say the only must-have accessories are bands.

Some people with the sport are concerned about scratches, but many have gone without protection and have had no problems. If you insist, I recommend the Skinomi or the Armorsuit. They protect the curves of the screen. Charger night stands aren't really a must-have, but you can get docks for as low as $11 off Amazon.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
I have multiple straps, a polishing cloth (stainless) and a night stand.

I didn't bother about a screen protector as I was happy with the durability of the sapphire crystal. Had I have gone with the sport I may have considered it though.

deany

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2012
North Wales
Hi,

I got a new apple watch sport 42mm white silver aluminium . I would like to know what are must have accessories for the watch.

1. Screen Protector.
2. Charger night stand.
3. Bands

Do you want to buy apple OEM bands or least expensive good quality 'knock offs'?

How many bands do you expect to have? (it can addictive!) and may need a case/roll.

Also do you travel much, I think I have the 'prefect' travel _watch stand_? that would be fine at home too.

Cheers

Last edited:

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Hi,

1. Screen Protector.
2. Charger night stand.
3. Bands

1. Screen protectors and "bumpers" are a waste of money, IMO.
  2. A night stand charger, if that's what works for you.
  3. Bands - sure... why not. I started with the milanese band and thought "I don't need more bands". Six months later, I have 7 bands. :D

DaveMike11

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2014
Thank you all for your suggestions. I forgot to mention about Apple Care + in my list. Do you think apple care+ is good to have for AWS?

deany

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2012
North Wales
Thank you all for your suggestions. I forgot to mention about Apple Care + in my list. Do you think apple care+ is good to have for AWS?

Apple Care + well worth the £49.00 for 2 incidences, may have to persuade them if the screen is scratched though.

bradnd9901

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2015
I just got a watch too. I opted to get AppleCare because 1) it's a new product 2) watched get bagged around a bit so I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I don't get Apple care for my phone, but it's usually safe in my pocket or on my desk.

I've bought a few extra straps from Amazon and Clockwork Synergy.

I've also bought a night stand (actually 2--one from Orzly, the other from Spigen, which I slightly prefer).

DaveMike11

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2014
I just got a watch too. I opted to get AppleCare because 1) it's a new product 2) watched get bagged around a bit so I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I don't get Apple care for my phone, but it's usually safe in my pocket or on my desk.

I've bought a few extra straps from Amazon and Clockwork Synergy.

I've also bought a night stand (actually 2--one from Orzly, the other from Spigen, which I slightly prefer).

Thank you for your response. There is 2 spigen night stand. may i know which one you have got?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.