Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thefantastical

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2014
I purchased the new 24" iMac (2021) in summer, all excited of course. Unfortunately I ended up injuring my hamstring pretty badly and since I'm indefinitely unable to use a desk, it's gone totally unused (albeit opened).

Obviously my return period has passed so what would/where be my best bet for selling it at pretty much new condition? Apple just lowered their trade-in prices and BBW doesn't even have the 2021 models in their system to choose from.

Thanks for any advice!

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
You probably can't use the MarketPlace here on MacRumors if you're new to the forums so that's out.

You can try selling it on eBay or Craig's List although my personal opinion is that I trust neither one.

Advertise in your local newspaper or "Green Sheet" (if you have one in your area). Since it's approaching Xmas and if your price is fair, you may have better luck that way. Be sure to meet the prospective customer in a safe public place.

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
I purchased the new 24" iMac (2021) in summer, all excited of course. Unfortunately I ended up injuring my hamstring pretty badly and since I'm indefinitely unable to use a desk, it's gone totally unused (albeit opened).

Obviously my return period has passed so what would/where be my best bet for selling it at pretty much new condition? Apple just lowered their trade-in prices and BBW doesn't even have the 2021 models in their system to choose from.

Thanks for any advice!
Why not get something like VariDesk, or something similar, and make it a standing desk?

TechRunner

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2016
SW Florida, US
My wife has had good luck with Facebook Marketplace, if you're on that particular platform. She sold a Canon mirrorless camera for me on there about two weeks ago, and it went smoothly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.