Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zord

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2010
So I woke up early, pre-ordered the XS and received it last Friday. I was excited to get this phone, since upgrading the previous year to the 8 Plus. Always kind of felt like the plus model was a little bit too big. But as I started using the XS I started to wonder if I was missing something by going to a narrower screen.

So today I went and visited my local Apple Store to see what the XS Max was all about. Sidenote for context: I’ve been using the XS for about four days now and have gotten adjusted to it.

As soon as I put the XS Max in my hand it immediately reminded me of why I struggled with the plus size phones. I went back-and-forth between both models for a while. I even picked up a regular iPhone 8 for comparison. And I’ll be honest, I really liked the feel of that phone in my hand as well. All this led me to realize that the XS is perfect for my needs.

Glad I took the time to go to the Apple Store and sort it all out before my exchange period was up.

I say all this for those wondering, if after upgrading to the XS, they’re missing something in the Max version. Take the time, if you can and visit a store. It definitely makes a difference once you’re holding it in your hand.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.