Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 25, 2010
For some reason my Government alerts aren't working...my wife and I have the same carrier and she's been alerted twice on a tornado warning + amber alert.

I'm sitting in the same area as she is and I have them turned on. Is there anything I can do to get these to come through?
[doublepost=1460951310][/doublepost]Wow - I just confirmed they're on (we're on the same Wifi network) and she just got another Amber Alert. Nothing for me.

How do I fix this? Is this a T-Mobile or Apple problem?

Is there anything else in Location Services I need to enable?

Last edited:

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
For some reason my Government alerts aren't working...my wife and I have the same carrier and she's been alerted twice on a tornado warning + amber alert.

I'm sitting in the same area as she is and I have them turned on. Is there anything I can do to get these to come through?
[doublepost=1460951310][/doublepost]Wow - I just confirmed they're on (we're on the same Wifi network) and she just got another Amber Alert. Nothing for me.

How do I fix this? Is this a T-Mobile or Apple problem?

Is there anything else in Location Services I need to enable?

do you have location based alerts disabled in privacy > location services > system services?

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 25, 2010
do you have location based alerts disabled in privacy > location services > system services?
No - but neither does my wife and her alerts are still coming through.

I can turn it on but I didn't think I needed to.

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
No - but neither does my wife and her alerts are still coming through.

I can turn it on but I didn't think I needed to.
Careful what you ask for, ha. I have been alerted to flash floods every hour on the hour some nights when we have a lot of rain. I personally am not near anything that would flood but I am close enough I guess to what they consider an area in need of warning.

As for your alerts, nothing I can think of outside of turning them on. The alerts are not tied to your number but your current location. I have been alerted while traveling in the past. Location based alerts is on for me in the system settings.

Corgirat

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2016
I have 6s+ and my bf has 5s. Both on 1 t-mobile account and on same wifi. I got my amber alert about 3-4 hours after his... Why?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.