Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gean

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
I have an Ipod touch, and I would like to use the xgps 150 bluetooth gps reciever. My question is has anyone have any experience with the "xgps 150" using a Ipod touch, Ipad, Iphone or bluetooth enable smartphone and tablets and laptops.

I would appreciate if anyone has information using this bluetooth gps, pro and cons. Its something I am concidering to work with my Ipod touch.

The web sight for the xgps 150 is as follows:

http://www.newskyproducts.com/servlet/the-GPS-Receivers/Categories

thanks to all who reply;

gean ;)

ToothTooth

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2010
North Carolina, USA
Yep, it rocks

Yeah, I've been using the XGPS 150 with my 4th generation iPod touch and the Navigon car app for about a month now. It rocks. The only negative I can think of is that the battery drains pretty fast while Navigon is running due to the fact that the iPod screen stays illuminated the entire time. Of course, if you wanted to, you could turn off the screen and still have the Navigon app running so that you could hear the turn-by-turn voice directions.

mayer287

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2011
Agree I've been using the XGPS 150 with my 4th generation iPod touch and the Navigon car app for about a month now.

atlfly

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2011
Xgps150/"find my ipod not working

I have the Xgps150 and love it. however, the Mobileme.com "find my ipod" feature cannot locate the ipod anymore. i have spent an hour on the phone with apple care folks and they cant seem to make it work. everytime i restore the ipod to factory settings it works, but once i have connected the xgps150 for the first time, it never works after that, but the gps works great.

brllallen

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2011
Because the store kept all the necessary records and documentation when the items were sold, it was very easy to track down Latrina Shepard, who has been charged with the robbery. Shepard, however, claims she received the items as gifts and did not know they were stolen.

The moral of the story here, though, is to make sure your gadgets are customized in such a way that you'd always be able to prove they're yours. Maybe next time you see your Mii face in the background of Wii Sports, you'll have a new respect for that level of customization.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.