Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

superspud

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 6, 2007
so i've been in a 30 minute argument. he is telling me that you have to get the ATT GPS plan on top of the Iphone data plan in order to make the GPS work....

is this true? or does the iphone data plan include everything to make GPS work?

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
so i've been in a 30 minute argument. he is telling me that you have to get the ATT GPS plan on top of the Iphone data plan in order to make the GPS work....

is this true? or does the iphone data plan include everything to make GPS work?

Don't worry. GPS won't cost you extra.

psingh01

macrumors 68000
Apr 19, 2004
if you are an american then you already pay for gps through your tax dollars. don't ever pay for gps "service" as it is provided by the US govt for "free". all you should pay for is the hardware which is what you are doing with the iphone.

dubels

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2006
Who did you get in this argument with? GPS is free on the iPhone. It comes prepackage with the Maps feature. The GPS feature that whoever you are arguing with is thinking about is the ATT navigation feature available on Crackberries and other phones. That requires a monthly subscription of 9.99. But for the iPhone it just comes prepackaged.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.