Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

floepie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2009
So, I'm wondering if I have issues with my GPS on a new iphone 7. I'm new to iOS, so it could be that this is normal, but the size of the blue circle, which indicates the status of a GPS fix and its accuracy, is quite large. It never is smaller than 50 meters and usually it sits around almost 100 meters. Every so often it balloons to almost a full kilometer. Is this normal?

On every android device I've had in the past, the blue circles disappears after a few seconds indicating a strong GPS fix.

So, my question is, how is your GPS fix with regards to the size of the blue circle on your devices?

mastrmateo

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2016
I have had issues with GPS on my 7 plus since I got it. Large blue circle, not as accurate, jumping around, etc...I did a lot of resetting and then decided to do a full restore and I think that it helped, but I am still evaluating it.

floepie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2009
Interesting, thanks. You mean the blue circle now disappears after the restore when using either of the maps apps?

mastrmateo

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2016
Interesting, thanks. You mean the blue circle now disappears after the restore when using either of the maps apps?

I wouldn't say it disappeared, but it has gotten smaller and it doesn't fluctuate so much. Before it was going big to small to big again lot and eating my battery up. I hope that it fixed it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.