Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
I’m beginning to think it’s the CarPlay/vehicle GPS interface (or lack thereof) that is the problem. Did a successful run into town using directions, which seem to provide “rails” for the GPS (it knows you are probably near the path). Coming home, I just used the “freestyle” map (no directions; just location on the area map) and it just completely lost me. It had me in the river that flows through town for awhile. I got out of the car at home and the GPS signal rebounded to between 50 and 75%.

kave

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2012
Sweden
Beta3 seems to also have solved training with the AppleWatch. Previously I got no GPS data from trainings but I do get now :)

jhuynh

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2012
I’m beginning to think it’s the CarPlay/vehicle GPS interface (or lack thereof) that is the problem. Did a successful run into town using directions, which seem to provide “rails” for the GPS (it knows you are probably near the path). Coming home, I just used the “freestyle” map (no directions; just location on the area map) and it just completely lost me. It had me in the river that flows through town for awhile. I got out of the car at home and the GPS signal rebounded to between 50 and 75%.

I have definitely heard in the past that certain cars interfere with GPS signals. Do you have access to another vehicle to test it out and see if it makes a difference which car you use with your GPS problem?

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
I have definitely heard in the past that certain cars interfere with GPS signals. Do you have access to another vehicle to test it out and see if it makes a difference which car you use with your GPS problem?
That's a very good idea. My wife's car also has CarPlay. I'll give it a shot there.

Thanks!

Reactions: Daremo

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2016
Middle East
Runkeeper seems a lot better on this beta. I did also delete and reinstall the app. It’s not quite right still at the moment as you can see compared to my watch (which is reading the same distance as measuring on Google maps). But it’s a lot better and was getting a decent signal.

62269745cc7202b35f85f6594a33df73.png

0b22b44402523023200a5577966f2772.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.