Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

note235

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
Hi, I live in SeaTac and GPS works really well in the car.
It tracks everything extremely well.
Why did I hear vehicles don't work well?
Thanks

nickspohn

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2007
It's because when someone of high status (David Pogue) says GPS sucks when he's using it in a crowded ass city with huge buildings, he is going to say it's not that great. Then everyone who reads that spreads the word and gets the impression that GPS just sucks every where we go.

Truth is, if there is nothing blocking the view from the sky, GPS works perfectly. I get no lag when driving at about 65MPH. It takes a bit for it to get exactly on the road, as for a few seconds when i tried it out today it was following me, but in a field to the left :eek:

Overall, i like it. I'm satisfied.

Waterpolo820

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2008
Thanks

Yea same here, Driving along and it was within 5 feet from were I was, and NO SKIPPING, extremely awesome to watch!!

Dammit Cubs

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2007
Thanks

The GPS is fine. Everyone is just anal. It just gives something to whine about.

Next up.... there the UI opens up 200ns slower than before.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
I must be a real apple newb as I couldnt even figure out how to work the GPS. lol

The instruction book should be thick as hell for us iPhone newbs as I probably dont know half the things this wonderful device can do.

Juo100

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2007
I must be a real apple newb as I couldnt even figure out how to work the GPS. lol

The instruction book should be thick as hell for us iPhone newbs as I probably dont know half the things this wonderful device can do.
You might want to take a look at this video http://www.apple.com/iphone/guidedtour/ it’s a demonstartion on how to use pretty much everything. More interesting than reading an instruction manual.

byron_hinson

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2003

It doesn't work for quite a few (myself included) so even with instructions it wouldn't help!

Minimoose 360

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2008
NY

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
EYES ON THE ROAD! I can see a lot of car crashes because of no voice turn directions.

These are probably the same people that break up with their boyfriend/girlfriend on a cell phone while driving 70 mph and don't realize the 15-car pileup they just caused.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.