Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XmasRights

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2010
London
Hi All,

Really like how outdoor workouts now get route maps on the Series 2.

My question is: is this data also shown for the Series 1 and/or Series 0, when the iPhone is connected during the workout?

Thanks,
Chris

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Seems a little (happily) strange that Apple didn't deprecate this on the S0/S1 and only offer as a 'feature' on the S2. While I use Garmin I'm a data/map junky and this was about the only feature that was slightly tipping me to upgrade to the S2 right away. Of course since I get this on my S0 I can hold off for a while.

konadave

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2013
I have an S1. The first eight outdoor walks it recorded a route map. Three subsequent outdoor walks did not. It's connected to my iPhone that's with me, and location services is on. Any ideas to why it's all of sudden not working? Thanks.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
I have an S1. The first eight outdoor walks it recorded a route map. Three subsequent outdoor walks did not. It's connected to my iPhone that's with me, and location services is on. Any ideas to why it's all of sudden not working? Thanks.
Saw your thread (I think was you) and got concerned. I'm a runnier but suffering a little plantar fasciitis and not running right now. Went for walk last week and got map. This morning went for a 26 mile bike ride and before I took off my helmet or shoes I anxiously checked to see if it mapped. It worked fine so not sure what your problem is.

If you haven't you should try the standards:

• Restart iPhone and :apple:Watch
  • Un-pair and then Re-pair

Mark.

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2011
London, UK
Seems a little (happily) strange that Apple didn't deprecate this on the S0/S1 and only offer as a 'feature' on the S2. While I use Garmin I'm a data/map junky and this was about the only feature that was slightly tipping me to upgrade to the S2 right away. Of course since I get this on my S0 I can hold off for a while.

I think there would have been uproar if Apple were deliberately withholding features that weren't necessarily hardware related. The feature of AW2 is that you don't need to take your phone with you to achieve the same...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.