Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

onujpt

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2015
Tampa, FL
Hello,

Wondering if anyone can help me out with an apparent Graphics Card Crash on my new MacBook Pro. I purchased a 16" MacBook Pro / 64GB RAM / 8GB AMD 5500 Graphics Card / 2.3GHz 8-core i9 and installed BootCamp / Steam to play one of my favorite games (Planet Coaster).

Super graphics intensive game and with this new computer it runs great. However, it appears that occasionally I am experiencing a graphics card crash. The game will suddenly freeze and then within a few seconds the screen will turn completely black. Sometimes it happens within minutes. Sometimes I could play for a few hours without issue. The only remedy is to put the computer to sleep, wake it back up, and at that point I can see the desktop and the crash reporter.

I've made sure windows is up to date, I've made sure the graphics card drivers are up to date (even uninstalled and reinstalled them), verified the integrity of game files on Steam, disabled any extra applications starting or running in the background, downloaded software to ensure my cpu or gpu aren't overheating or are overclocking.

Anyone experience this before or have any ideas on what could be happening?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.