Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TonyCR1975

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2023
Im struggling with a new issue here on the most recent MacOS Sonoma update, sometimes (weirdly but atleast 3 times every hour) i see weird artifacts on my Finder window and double click menu, since this macbook has an AMD Radeon Pro 5300M i thought that it was just the GPU trying to make honours to its brand, but weirdly enough i haven't found any issue while doing benchmarks, playing videos or even gaming on Windows, i already wiped the drive and installed Ventura, but the weird glitch still happens (always on finder or MacOS itself, never on third-party apps) also i ran the Apple Hardware Diagnostics tool (Or alias Command D on during boot) and the tool just told that the Mac its in a perfect shape, in fact it is true, i never encountered an error while using Windows or playing games (On MacOS or Windows) so im just worried that my GPU is just trying to fry itself in a discrete way. I had a 16" 2011 MBP so that's why im so worried this time, so has anyone encountered artifacts on Intel based macbooks while normal usage without the computer dying later?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.