Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flyproductions

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 17, 2014
Sorry, if this question has been asked many times before. But i was not able to find it realy answered somewhere.

Are there any tools to read/dump the rom-files of more recent "cMP"-GPUs, AMD or nVIDIA, Polaris or Pascal Generation, in Mac OS?

The only thing of this kind i came across was Zeus. But this doesn't seem to work anymore as it originates from nearly ten years back.

Also i would be interested in tools to read or manipulate clockrates, temperatures and other parameters. Like CUDA-Z. But maybe with some extended functionality. Are there or is all of this "Windows-only"?

Thanks in advance for your help!

DearthnVader

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2015
Red Springs, NC
Unfortunately, the macOS has been left high and dry for GPU tools, seemingly since the move to Intel.

Back in the PowerPC days we had ROM dump/flashing tools for both ATI and nVidia, as well as on the fly clock controls for ATI. ATI even had 3D overrides, and their was a way to control some features of nVidia 3D cards.

I don't really understand what happened, maybe Apple just priced gamers out of the market with high end Mac Pros, but it seems we've lost a lot of third party support over the years.

Reactions: flyproductions
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.