Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ppc_michael

Apr 26, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Anyone remember... I think it was called... "Logo?" It was this turtle you'd move around screen with programming-esque statements, to draw pictures.

Not really a game, but I preferred it to Munchers or some UFO game by Sierra.

Magritte

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Kid pix for sure.

Oh my gosh I forgot all about Kid Pix...and I didn't use that until college, which is probably just a few years short of being grade school for some of y'all. I got it with my first Mac, a IIsi (unless I'm misremembering) and thought it was so much fun. Reminded me of those Anti-Coloring Books that I loved when *I* was in grade school.

dchase3

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2008
  • Word/ Number Munchers. (You're this silly little monster and the screen is divided into a grid with varying answers and you move the monster to a grid that displays an accurate word or equation and you "munch" it. :p)
  • Oregon Trail.

Er. Those were the only real games we played at school.

There was a typing program with really simple and ugly looking hands that simulated your movements. Shrug.

:edit: There was this one that my cousin had on her Windows box, I have no clue what it was called, but the main character ("you") were this faceless guy in a blue denim jacket w/ a red baseball cap pulled low over the "face" and skinny legs w/ red (?) sneakers. And you'd go from room to room solving sciency/ mathy problems. Sometimes there'd be something weird and you'd have to ZAP it w/ your like, laser type thing. As you solved the puzzled in the rooms correctly you got "car" parts and at the end you built a car to race against the evil scientist.

Does anyone have a clue as to what game I'm thinking of?! Been trying to come up with the name of it for years now. :eek:

No one's named it yet... wow. Am I the only other one who remembers this? I believe it was called Outnumbered.

brop52

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2007
Michigan
Oregon Trail I,II,III
Yukon Trail
Amazon Trail I,II
Dino Park Tycoon
Carmen Sandiego
Mario Teaches Typing
Outnumbered
Kid Pix

Countless other games from MECC. I can't remember everything. I played a lot of games on my IIsi at home.

kidvic

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2008
Awesome thread...

This thread is sorta old.

.....Pop quiz; Does anyone remember a game that had "dodge" or "dodger" in the name? (Thinking back over 15 years now, not too sure if it did)
It was a character similar to number munchers, except it looked more like a tear drop(?)
It would make a "beep" sound whenever you would make a mistake, or something like that.
It would make sad faces too.....
I think it ran on an old Mac and in black and white ....and I think it was on those large very "floppy" floppy disks.
The premise was very similar to numbers munchers....(could have been an earlier release?)
I'm not too sure if it was word/math.

Cheers!

kazuya11

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2018
  • Word/ Number Munchers. (You're this silly little monster and the screen is divided into a grid with varying answers and you move the monster to a grid that displays an accurate word or equation and you "munch" it. :p)
  • Oregon Trail.

There was a typing program with really simple and ugly looking hands that simulated your movements. Shrug.

:edit: There was this one that my cousin had on her Windows box, I have no clue what it was called, but the main character ("you") were this faceless guy in a blue denim jacket w/ a red baseball cap pulled low over the "face" and skinny legs w/ red (?) sneakers. And you'd go from room to room solving sciency/ mathy problems. Sometimes there'd be something weird and you'd have to ZAP it w/ your like, laser type thing. As you solved the puzzled in the rooms correctly you got "car" parts and at the end you built a car to race against the evil scientist.

Does anyone have a clue as to what game I'm thinking of?! Been trying to come up with the name of it for years now. :eek:
  • Oregon Trail.

its called
OutNumbered

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2024
Patton vs Rommel and Lemmings are the two I remember. Probably not much help here though...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.